||Meet Dennis and Jenny Bushnell (and their grandoggy
Toby). Dennis and Jenny have been building tandems and bicycles in the
Seattle area for nearly four decades now. Aside from building tandems,
Dennis and Jenny are avid tandem riders. Toby keeps the Seattle rats
Some noteworthy accomplishments include:
- The Bushnells have built bicycles and tandems for
many prominent manufacturers through the years.
- Dennis had the privilege of building some of the
bicycles for the 1984 U.S. Olympic team.
- In 1986, Dennis built the world's first carbon
fiber tandems in conjunction with the Easton aluminum company. Lon
Haldeman and Pete Penseyres then used that tandem to set a record
for riding across the United States.
- The Bushnells built the first Airmet ultra-light
steel tandems (frame weights at sub 7lbs.).
- Dennis built the first Scandium aluminum tandems
(frame weights at sub 7lbs.).
- The Bushnell eccentric has quickly become a
favorite for high-end tandem builders as well as single speed
builders. The eccentric is now distributed world wide.